WHO WE ARE:
Jam Press is a dynamic and fast-growing media agency sourcing and distributing content for the world’s biggest publishers including Associated Newspapers, News UK, Reach, ITV, BBC, etc as well as distributing content on our own social channels to build audiences across key verticals.
We create a steady stream of stories daily, entertaining huge audiences across print, digital and social platforms, sharing our content on newswires and beyond. From powerful interview features to viral content, we tell the stories that matter.
And with every topic on the table, we can guarantee you’ll never be bored.
We do it all: health, property, real life, fantastic picture sets, funny videos, hacks, family and community, crime, general news etc. You get the gist.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Jam Press is looking for Social Editors to build audiences across our social platforms by producing outstanding and engaging content.
This is a great opportunity to help shape our future development from the ground up and there is scope for career progression and personal development.
You will have an essential understanding of social media trends, what makes audiences tick whilst being able to push the boundaries and experiment with new approaches.
The right candidate will have a journalistic background with experience at regional or national publisher level, be an adept social media expert, with a passion for analysing insights and traffic, building engagement on social media and spotting opportunities within the changing landscape of digital media.
- Play a key role in the ongoing development and execution of our audience strategy
- Pro-actively research and seek the latest videos, news, trends, gossip and reports ahead of competitors
- Have the ability to spot a story that the audience will love to watch or hear about
- Contact the copyright holders and request permissions
- Edit and maintain Jam Press’ social media channels to a high standard by liaising with the editorial team
- Understand the audience and be aware of social topics and trends
- Schedule and post content via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok
- Package articles – creating captions, titles and thumbnails
- Create visuals to support the stories we are publishing
- Commission the creation of social videos from our pool of content
- Source content from our archive to publish on social to drive audience
- Contribute to Jam Press’ adoption of emerging social platforms tools and take responsibility for the growth of Jam Press’ new social channels
- Collaborate on ideas, work as a team to develop the concepts and make them better.
- Have an eye for up and coming trending news, liaising with the editorial team on current on news stories and producing content.
- Make recommendations to journalists and editors throughout the day about trending search terms and relevant keywords
- Focus on targets and be clear on what is required in order to meet them
- Regularly monitor insights using social media analysis tools, and review and report on effectiveness to maximise results.
- Build positive long-term relationships with external creators and talent
- Be a brand ambassador for Jam Press and our brands and ensure we strive for engagement while never compromising on tone of voice, authenticity and audience trust
- Use initiative and creativity to bring new ideas to the team, sharing knowledge and contributing to ongoing improvements.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Knowledge and passion for trending news with a youth audience in mind
- Experience working in a target driven, fast moving social media company or publisher
- Experience of working in a target driven environment with an excitement to smash targets
- A passion for social media and storytelling with an understanding of Facebook and Twitter
- Excellent organisation skills, remain calm under pressure and be good at planning ahead
- The ability to move quickly and easily, embracing and responding to change
- The initiative to research a subject/topic and present findings in a constructive manner
- An attention to detail in dealing with all matters and a flexible, an adaptable approach to work with the confidence to make effective decisions
- Excellent written English and spoken communication skills
If you’re interested in applying, please send your CV, a cover letter, and relevant social media handles for Jam Press to firstname.lastname@example.org