Lifestyle reporters works across an exciting range of topics designed to entertain and inform the public, withstories sold and distributed through media companies, broadcast houses and publications in the UK and internationally.
Topics can vary greatly due to the nature of the role but cover areas such as health, animals, real life, food, viralnews and much more.
Due to the current team set-up, lifestyle reporters will also occasionally cover crime and hard news as assigned by editors or as sourced by themselves during daily searches for stories. They may also be tasked with sourcinghard news specifically from time to time or cover live events.
Jam Press lifestyle reporters are required and encouraged to source as much of their own content as possible,though will also be assigned tasks and stories by editors, and work towards reaching the team’s monthly targets.
- Keeping up with local and global events as well as keeping a pulse on social media trends
- Pitching, sourcing and chasing stories on a daily basis, covering a wide variety of topics
- Verifying information, interviewing case studies and licensing content
- Planning, editing and writing news articles, features and commercial content (Jam Prime)
- Providing a high quality of content by checking their own work before submitting stories to editors
- Maintaining close contact and following up with case studies, and taking responsibility for providinghigh quality duty of care
- Creating and maintaining a network of contacts
- Work closely with the news and lifestyle editor, taking on assigned tasks and flagging any issues withongoing stories such as legal, general complaints or other
- Sourcing photos as well as captions for all stories supplied, and requesting more imagery/videofootage as and when required
- Working alongside the production team on imagery and footage for stories
- Pitch ideas for and participate in forward planning content, meetings and other team- focused
If you’re interested in applying, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org